The NEDA Secretariat serves as the research and management arm of the NEDA Board and provides technical staff support and assistance, including the conduct of studies and development of policy measures and other recommendations, on the various aspects of the substantive functions of development planning and policy formulation, and coordination, evaluation and monitoring of plan implementation.
The NEDA Secretariat is headed by the Director-General. He has the general supervision and control over its technical and administrative personnel.
NEDA Region 5
The NRO is headed by the Regional Director who is also the ex-officio vice chairperson of the Regional Development Council (RDC), the highest policy making body on regional development.
The NRO coordinates the formulation of socio-economic development plans, monitoring of implementation of plans, programs, and projects, and allocation of development resources.
Other functions of the NRO:
- Act as the principal technical, management, and executive arm of the RDC;
- Coordinate the formulation, implementation and monitoring of regional socioeconomic, physical and specific development plans, policies, and investment programs;
- Appraise and review proposed programs and projects to be implemented in the region requiring RDC action, NEDA endorsement and/or ICC approval;
- Monitor and evaluate the implementation of major and critical programs and projects in the region;
- Undertake researches on regional and sub-regional development;
- Provide technical services to development partners at the regional, sub-regional and local levels in the areas of planning, investment programming, project development and evaluation, budgeting, and monitoring and evaluation;
- Manage and promote knowledge utilization for regional development and productivity;
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned by the Director-General.
Plan and Policy Formulation Division
- Coordinate the formulation and updating all related planning documents such as the Regional Development Plan, Regional Physical Framework Plan in coordination with all stakeholders;
- Conduct and prepare periodic plan implementation assessment reports, regional economic situationer and other socio-economic reports;
- Assist regional agencies and local government units and other development bodies in the region in plan formulation related activities;
- Conduct policy reviews on regional socio-economic and physical development (in line with plan and policy formulation.);
- Provide technical assistance/services to line agencies, LGUs, NGOs, PSOs, SUCs and other regional bodies/entities on plan and policy formulation;
- Provide technical support to the Regional Development Council as secretariat of the Development Administration Committee.
Project Development, Investment Programming and
- Conduct investment programming and budget review and consultation;
- Coordinate the identification of projects, preparation of integrated regional, sectoral development programs;
- Evaluate project proposals and project studies that seek RDC endorsements and ICC approval;
- Coordinate the preparation of the regional development investment program’
- Track status of programs/projects proposed in the agency budgets and renders periodic report to the Council;
- Establish and maintains the database of the programs and projects in the region;
- Provide technical assistance/services to line agencies, LGUs, NGOs, PSOs, SUCs and other regional bodies/entities on program/project appraisal and investment promotion;
- Provide technical support to the Regional Development Council as secretariat of the Economic Development Committee.
Development Research Division
- Promote the utilization of knowledge capital and other technologies to end-users;
- Provide technical staff support for sensing changes in the macro and micro environments and for advising on actions needed to adapt strategically to these changes;
- Advocate, communicates and disseminates national and regional plans, policies, thrusts and priorities affecting regional development;
- Coordinate the formulation of advocacy and communication plans and IEC materials with concerned agencies;
- Establish and maintain knowledge and productivity network with LGUs, RLAs, SUCs, and private sector;
- Develop and maintain a system that will serve as repository of processed data and information including library services;
- Maintain and update the NRO and RDC webpages;
- Provides technical assistance/services to line agencies, LGUs, NGOs, PSOs, SUCs and other regional bodies/entities on knowledge management;
- Provide technical support to the Regional Development Council as secretariat of the Social Development Committee;
- Oversee and/or conduct studies and researches on various aspects of regional development;
- Coordinate the formulation of policy studies and research agenda;
- Coordinate statistical and information development activities.
Project Monitoring and Evaluation Division
- Undertake project monitoring and evaluation, and impact evaluation activities;
- Undertake field validation, project facilitation and problem solving sessions;
- Prepare periodic monitoring reports on the status of development projects being implemented and completed by the concerned line agencies, LGUs and SUCs;
- Maintain a project monitoring and tracking system;
- Provide technical assistance to line agencies LGUs/NGOs/PSOs, SUCs and other regional bodies/entities on monitoring and evaluation;
- Provide technical support to the Regional Development Council as secretariat of the Regional Development Council as secretariat of the Infrastructure Development Committee.
Finance and Administrative Division
- Provides support services relating to personnel and staff management, records management and related activities;
- Provides general and financial resources management services;
- Assist in the provision and maintenance of Office IT facilities and services;
- Develops and implements a comprehensive human resource development program of regional personnel including selection, recruitment and other staff movement;
- Takes charge of enforcement of employee discipline, strict observance of civil service law and rules, conduct investigation on grievance and complaints against NRO personnel;
- Conducts periodic appraisal of existing administrative operations and systems, work program and performance appraisal;
- Facilitates the grant and extension of personnel benefits and welfare including Program on Awards and Incentives for Service Excellence (PRAISE);
- Prepares and submits office administrative reports including performance appraisal reports, budget proposals, financial reports, supply and management report and other reports required by NEDA CO, CSC, COA, BIR and DBM;
- Maintains close coordination with GSIS, PAG-IBIG, PHILHEALTH, CSC, BIT and other concerned agencies of government. Provides management and administrative support services to the Regional Development Council;
- Assist in the extension of technical assistance and capability building activities of the RDC particularly related to administrative services.